Five Romantic Things To Do
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and couples are looking for a place where they can stay to celebrate love, romance and champagne dreams, says Mountain Air Cabin Rentals.
During this time of the year, many couples are planning to have a mini vacation to destinations which can be visited on a day trip. The Great Smoky Mountains near the border between Tennessee and North Carolina is a great option for those who would like to go on an outdoor adventure, and they could either bring their tent to camp at the mountains or rent a cabin or condo. .
The Great Smoky Mountains, which is also known as the Smokies or “Jewel of the Appalachians) has been open to the public since 1934, and it is regarded as the most visited national park in the United States with more than 11 million visits annually.
The mountains also serve as a natural habitat for certain species of plants and animals, says Mountain Air Cabin Rentals, and it is one of North America’s most diverse areas.
Tourism has become one of the most reliable economic sectors in the area, providing jobs to the locals and allowing businesses to thrive. The areas situated near the mountains have also become popular in recent years and can be completed on a day trip, like the festivals at Dollywood and the wedding ceremonies at Gatlinburg, which is also sometimes called “the wedding capital of the world.”
Here are the top five activities that you can enjoy while staying at the Smoky Mountains on Valentine’s Day:
- Climb to the summit of the mountain range. The top of the Smoky Mountains offers stunning views of the surrounding areas. Couples who are inclined to do outdoor activities should try this experience. Arranging an itinerary for the climb is easy, and most day trips could include a visit to the summit, giving you and your partner more time to check out other attractions near the area. And don’t forget about all the great hiking trails available, says Mountain Air Cabin Rentals.
- Arrange a romantic dinner setup during your camp. If you wanted to surprise your partner using romance and a little effort, you could bring a small table and two chairs during your trip and set it up just like how restaurants do it. You could cook the food at home, or you can also cook it while camping. Do not forget to light up a candle that will perfectly fit the moment.
- Enjoy the views under the night sky. The Smoky Mountains do not have that much light pollution, and you could enjoy stargazing with your partner. Look out for meteors and other astronomical phenomena that would make your date outdoors unforgettable. Alternatively, you can take a Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster at night and enjoy the view.
- Set up a hammock and sleep together under the night sky. If you do not own a tent, a hammock can be a great alternative. Setting it up is easy and you would only need to tie it on a nearby pole or tree. People who are into mini vacation would always bring their hammock with them, enabling them to sleep anywhere – but sleeping in a hammock with your partner is a romantic way to enjoy the Smoky Mountains.
- Reminisce memories and enjoy every moment of your trip. A simple conversation with your loved one while enjoying the memories that you shared together might look simple but it could also be one of the most romantic activities that you can pull off on Valentine’s Day.